Animal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Animal House

Social Linkshell servicing the pet community of Final Fantasy XI (Fairy Server)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Static xp for non-pet jobs

Go down 
+5
itMFtis
Zatoichi
Litestrider
darkangeljt
Virtue
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

Number of posts : 36
Pet Job : BST
Level : 75
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Static xp for non-pet jobs Empty
PostSubject: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:58 pm

As you guys have probably noticed, I'm pretty much always xp'ing on various jobs. It's my favorite part of FFXI, and I like it way more than typical endgame stuff. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy... Razz

Level Sync is really awesome for people who are xp crazy. It makes all sorts of party setups a lot more viable. It can be abused, however, and that's what I have in mind.^^

The middle levels of jobs, from about 20-55, can be truly awful. I'm trying to level a lot of my melee jobs (DRK, THF, DRG, RNG, SAM) through those levels quickly, so I can hurry to ToAU areas.

If you pair a few of the DD jobs I mentioned above with a BRD or COR (or both!), you can really destroy low level mobs. And I have access to a 75 BLM that I can use to PL, which makes xp rates of 10k/hour or more in places like Qufim very obtainable. Throw 4 DD's and some support characters at low level mobs and they don't stand a chance. You can usually accomplish this by putting together a static group of 4 or 5 players, and picking up random low level characters along the way (in whatever level range you want).

I should say that I don't think this is a good way to go for jobs you consider your 'main' job. That's because this method doesn't really teach you 'how' to play a particular job. You also don't earn skillups if you're level sync'd once you reach the skill cap for that level, which can make you really gimped when you try to play at your actual level. And finally, I stronly discourage people leveling a pet job to use this method. More than any other job, playing a pet job requires a lot of painful learning as you go that you can simulate in PL'd, Level Sync parties. One exception might be the particularly lean levels on BST, such as the 60-61 range. I wouldn't wish those grinds on anyone!

My question is- is anyone in the LS interested in grinding out some xp this way? Maybe you're working on your /DNC or /BLU sub, or you're like me and you want to just get some lowbie XP out of the way? And my god, please, if any of you want to level BRD or COR, I will be your best friend! As I mentioned above, I have access to a PL that I can use to 2box us. If you also have access to a PL, I can play BRD on my second account, too. I've been trying to get old friends in endgame LS's to get organized with me, but everyone is always so busy. Sad

Playtime would be weeknights between, say, 6pm and 11pm EST (I work during the day), or maybe on weekends. Doesn't need to be a huge time commitment. Even a couple of hours can net 20k+ xp, which is pretty darn good.

Sorry for the wall of text. One of the things I like about FFXI is that if you plan things correctly, you can find activities that benefit everyone who participates. This is definitely one of those kinds of things, and it's one of the ways I hope to contribute to this shell.
Back to top Go down
darkangeljt
Puppet without strings
darkangeljt

Number of posts : 34
Pet Job : PUP
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 8:43 pm

I got a few jobs I'd like to work on. I want to get DNC(28 ) to 35, SAM(28 ) to 37, SCH(0..) to 37.

And I'm deciding on SMN or PLD to be my secondary job.
Back to top Go down
Litestrider
New Adventurer
New Adventurer

Number of posts : 2
Pet Job : Puppetmaster
Level : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:32 am

Most of my classes are pretty low level, and I don't want to spoil myself, but I would absolutely love to get WHM(20) up to 38 for the teleports. If you helped me do that, I'd happily bring bard for the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Dual wield is SO 2004....
Zatoichi

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:59 am

I would definitely be up for that. I need to level up ninjar as a sub. My availability is pretty slim at the moment as you can tell. Saturday afternoon or sunday mornings are best.

I could always just catch up with you guys whenever you are on. That's the beauty of level sync Razz

Oh my white mage needs to get to level 37 too.
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
World Serpent Slayer
itMFtis

Number of posts : 133
Pet Job : SMN

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 1:24 pm

My bst is lvl 24 at the moment. If you guys could use me, I'm looking to kinda play a light dd-ish role with a jug pet and sub dnc/whm/war/nin/whatever the situation calls for.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Looks like we could do:

Virt- DRK
DarkangelJT- DNC
itMFtis- BST
Litestrider- WHM

And Zatoichi could join us down the road. NIN would always be welcome.^^ Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times to play, but I'll be out of town this weekend.

I think the best bet is Qufim at 20 (sync'd to Lite). We can decide where to go from there. If someone has a lowbie job (or this is a lowbie seeking) we can resync once Lite hits 23-24.

Need one or two more jobs. DDs and support staff, please apply. Smile

I'd love to start tonight at, say, 7pm EST. Or could go tomorrow, too (or both nights^^). Rest of the week is dodgy for me.
Back to top Go down
Vean
Made of sugar and spice and everything nice
Vean

Number of posts : 17
Level : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 pm

I'd be interested as well seems like fun and a good way to get some jobs up to sub job cap. Smile

For mages I have RDM25 BLM 25 and WHM27
DDs: WAR25 SAM 25 and THF 21

I don't mind coming as any job though for mages I maybe lacking in some gear since I let a friend borrow it but I may be able to get some of it back if you do decide to EXP tonight.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:09 am

Okay, I'd say that was a success, huh? Smile

We tried this tonight (11/10) with a setup of WAR, WAR, BST, BST, DNC, WHM and got between 9k-10k/hour. No downtime and no competition. With a few tweaks and a slightly better party setup (BRD or COR) we can get even better xp, I'm sure. But hey, I'll take 10k/hour anyday!

Lite is now 23, which means we could use a different zone if people want to use jug pets. Or, conversely, we could use someone else to sync down to 20 again. I think maybe Vean said THF was 21? Or something?

Plan is to gather tomorrow (11/11) at 9pm EST or so. Tentative roster looks like:

Litestrider
Virtue
Vean
Clauz
Imftis
Watanuki

Not sure if all of you confirmed/can make it, if not we'll sub you guys out for others. Darkangeljt should get first dibs. Use this thread to share your thoughts/discuss possible camps/list what jobs you have, etc.

I hope you guys had as much fun as I did. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Ayda has a level 15 ninja for you guys to level sync down to if need be. Just to throw another shrimp on the barby
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
World Serpent Slayer
itMFtis

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Jumped from 23 (I thought I was 24 for some reason) to 26 last night in record time. Thanks for forming the party Smile

Came back later in the night and leveled pup from 1 to 8 with NO downtime. Every time I was semi low in hp, I would level again and refill. Ah thanks SE for the boost in xp on EP and DC. Now I just need to xp on those pup trolls for attachments o.o I'm hoping to get pup up to those Qufim levels asap.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm

A level 15 party could be in order. My DNC is 14, and I'd love to have that sub leveled. I've been putting it off because it doesn't count towards Maat's Cap. We can probably FLY through the Dunes with a PL.

I'm curious to see how a PUP would work in a setup like we had last night. I imagine quite well. Hurry up, itMFtis!^^
Back to top Go down
Vean
Vean

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Last night was awesome, count me in for tonight again Very Happy
A level 15 or 21 (can sync to my THF) PT is no problem with me. I might come as my THF tonight as I've been meaning to get it to SJ level but then again if we do cap down to 15 maybe I should wait until the next time to use THF so we have a level to sync down to?
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 6:26 pm

i'm down for whatever. like i said, i always have jobs to level. why don't we try this-

sync to vean's THF at 21 tonight. that should get us to 24-25. last level might be a bit slow in qufim, but the xp will be super easy.

next session we can do a valkurm run with ayda's NIN sync'd to 15. with some luck, we can plow through 5 levels and be ready for qufim. then just rinse and repeat in qufim. that might also give itmftis time to get his PUP up to play with us in valk.

vean- if you're going to bring thf tonight, grab yourself a crossbow. you can help me spam acid bolts. when they proc they have a def down effect that really helps on crabs/fish. i've got a ton of bolts, so i can give you a stack.

i'm gonna have dinner with my wife tonight, so while i'll be online i probably won't be at keys much. but i'll be geared up and ready to roll in qufim by 9.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 pm

More awesome xp last night. Got my DRK from 42-45. Hello Luisant Haubert! Very Happy

I'm gonna be offline for the next two days to hang out with my old lady.

Are people down for XP on Friday night? Maybe we can do Valkurm then?
Back to top Go down
darkangeljt
Puppet without strings
darkangeljt

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Sorry for not being on during the XP runs. I've kinda drained myself a bit by grinding ever since I came back.. I went from 13 > 75 in a little over a month.. >.>; Plus some personal issues.
Back to top Go down
Vean
Vean

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Sorry about not paying attention to the party chat last night, was trying to entertain kids while playing at the same time <_>;

but yeah, Friday sounds good count me in!

and to JT: Wow speedy gonzalas, I wish I had time like that to play.
Back to top Go down
darkangeljt
Puppet without strings
darkangeljt

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Vean wrote:
Sorry about not paying attention to the party chat last night, was trying to entertain kids while playing at the same time <_>;

but yeah, Friday sounds good count me in!

and to JT: Wow speedy gonzalas, I wish I had time like that to play.

Being a jobless bum and a full time student with easy classes will make it easier. Cool
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 am

no worries at all JT. the best thing about FFXI is that it's always there. we'll be here when you want more xp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:06 am

We have approached level 11 and 12 ninja and dancer if you guys want to do it up in Valkurm Dunes. Smile

Ayda and I have training on friday night from about 7pm to 8:30pm CST so we'll see where you guys are at.
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
World Serpent Slayer
itMFtis

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 am

My lvl 11 (closer to 12) pup is ready for action >: )

I'll probably be messing around on it tonight whether we static or not. Just got the sharpshot automation so it's ranged is going to need some skilling up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfjorg
Sheep Moderator in Wolf Clothing
Wolfjorg

Number of posts : 136
Pet Job : Virginia
Level : BLM75/BST75/SCH75/WAR75/DRK75/THF75

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:58 pm

I'd love to jump in on this with PLD which is 47, trying to get it to 50 for those capped areas, and might go higher with it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Vean
Vean

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 am

To add on about Friday night, something came up irl so I won't be able to log in for a few days so just a heads up I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Anyway, see you guys soon and hope you guys have a killer time tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Hope all is well Vean.

UPDATE:

With some /bst duoing my nin is 12 and ayda's dancer is 14. Anyone want a VD?
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
World Serpent Slayer
itMFtis

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:32 pm

I got Pup up to 14 last night. Gimme a holler if you want to sync up. I'm thinking of xping on worms in Korroloka Tunnel. It's a good spot mostly for ranged jobs.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Dude, I'm a dude!
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:04 pm

sorry, can finally respond. i can xp (and bring the PL) later tonight, around 9pm est. but prolly not beforehand. i can bring any old job. we can figure that out on the fly. let's get a group together tonight and see how it goes. and i can play later than normal, cause it's friday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Static xp for non-pet jobs   Static xp for non-pet jobs Empty

Back to top Go down

Static xp for non-pet jobs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next