Animal House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Animal House

Social Linkshell servicing the pet community of Final Fantasy XI (Fairy Server)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Death of a XBOX

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duncann
Your friendly neighborhood Duncann!
Duncann

Number of posts : 32
Pet Job : BST
Level : 75
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah, you probably haven't seen much of me and Allia. My just out of warranty XBOX bit the dust making my wonder about some secret corporate plan to make us buy more. We found a "good deal" on ebay but are still waiting on the seller to mail it.... Suspect We will be back on some day but when remains to be the question.
Back to top Go down
Wolfjorg
Sheep Moderator in Wolf Clothing
Wolfjorg

Number of posts : 136
Pet Job : Virginia
Level : BLM75/BST75/SCH75/WAR75/DRK75/THF75
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 am

And people said I was crazy for not getting an xbox. No thanks, my PS3 has ran fine since I bought it 2yrs ago and no problems. Runs FFXI like a dream.

Sorry to hear you shitbox gave out on ya. Hope to see you two back in action soon.
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Dual wield is SO 2004....
Zatoichi

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 am

Duncann,

We miss you guys and come back soon.

Regards,

Z

To Wolfjorg:

How do you get FFXI to run on your PS3?
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am

After some light googling:
Quote :

You are in luck with the CECHE01, as it is fully compatable.

The download you need from the Playstation Store is PS2 System Data. This download allows PS2 games to access the HDD of the PS3. Of course, you will also need the disc to install the game. I recommend the Vana'diel Collection 2008 (a sealed copy isn't necessary if you already have all the expansions on the PC version). The reason behind this is simple, it's the most up to date retail version of the game. This means two things for you: 1.) You get the game and all expansions in a single (cheap) purchase. 2.) You will have to spend less time updating the game after you have it installed.

I'll walk through the steps, hopefully I remember them correctly -- it's been awhile.

1.) Download and Install PS2 System Data from the Playstation Store

2.) Insert FFXI Install disc into the PS3.

3.) You will be asked to create a partition on the PS3 HDD -- you must do so to install the game.

4.) Install FFXI & all expansions

5.) Update POL using your PC account log-in information.

6.) Update FFXI using your PC account log-in information.

7.) Log in (again using PC account log-in information) and enjoy the game.

Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be busy tomorrow, and probably not online at all however. But as I'll check back here as soon as I can to check on ya.

Does that sound right?
Back to top Go down
Duncann
Duncann

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:03 pm

I started with a PS3 a year...and a little over a month ago. Found out that they no longer support ps2 games. Neutral Something about sony not breaking even on the bill when they wanted. They stripped some of the features for that reason. The only way I know to do FFXI on a PS3 is to find one via stores such as Ebay and get one made prior to the downgrade. I took my PS3 back in less than 24hours and bought the now dead XBOX. I am beginning to hate consoles.... at least I can tear apart a desktop and fix it without to much worries about things like microsoft only made parts.
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Did some research after Wolfie was talking about PS3 playing FFXI. Apparently you are correct in that the new ps3 do not have backward compatibility with PS2 games. I believe the last model to play PS2 games is the MGS4 model (gunmetal gray version).

20gb/60gb were built with the emotion chip to play PS2 games better than their 40gb and 80gb counterparts that did not possess this chip. The HD space is alleviated by doing a simple swap.

As far as playing FFXI on PS3 goes finding a vanadiel collection 2008 for under 50 bucks is going to take some digging. Not unless someone has a copy that I might borrow just to install and send back.
Back to top Go down
Wolfjorg
Sheep Moderator in Wolf Clothing
Wolfjorg

Number of posts : 136
Pet Job : Virginia
Level : BLM75/BST75/SCH75/WAR75/DRK75/THF75
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:46 pm

I have the PS3 that first came out that was backwards compatible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duncann
Duncann

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:29 pm

I finally got my new XBOX in. Allia and I will be on this weekend to play for the first time in about 2 weeks.

If I can figure out how to do a disc image i have the original ffxi for ps2 with all the expansions. I think I have an old version of nero that does disc images i could transfer you.
Back to top Go down
Zatoichi
Zatoichi

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX EmptySun May 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I would be your best friend D. Smile And my PS3 would love you for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death of a XBOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a XBOX   Death of a XBOX Empty

Back to top Go down

Death of a XBOX
Page 1 of 1